HOTMHC Historical Chronology
Deep in the heart of Texas a special breed of horse brought together a family of friends to form the
HEART OF TEXAS MORGAN HORSE CLUB. The Morgan is the magnet that holds this bond. The first annual HEART OF
TEXAS MORGAN HORSE CLUB meeting was held June 1, 1996 in Austin, Texas. There were 19 members in attendance.
A year later we were more than 60 club members strong dedicated . . .
- To operate for pleasure and recreation for the benefit of our members.
- To promote responsible breeding and use of Morgan horses as versatile pleasure, sport, and show horses.
- To exchange and promote knowledge of the Morgan breed.
- To preserve and honor the history, image, and progeny of the Morgan horse.
- To work with other clubs and organizations for the advancement of the breed.
We have since sponsored many trail rides; hosted driving and nutritional clinics; raised over $4000 for
St. Jude's Childrens Research Hospital; sponsored classes and volunteered at the annual Heritage Classic
Morgan Horse Show, and Pine Hill Combined Driving Event; presented an annual Fun Show with Morgan classes
and promoted Morgans by participating in local parades and providing information and articles for local
horse publications and newspapers. We've even gone on air touting a little Morgan history on a Houston radio
The HEART OF TEXAS MORGAN HORSE CLUB is a wonderful group of fun-loving friends brought together through
their love of the MORGAN HORSE. Watch out, Texas!